My Photo
Name:
Location: Litchfield Park, Arizona, United States

Monday, June 13, 2005

Is CAO Really the Best?

It seems no matter where you turn in the world of cigars, CAO is always there saturating the press. If there’s one name who knows how to market themselves, it’s definitely CAO. They were the strongest presence in the Las Vegas Big Smoke of 2004, drawing the biggest crowds and generating the most talk. Unfortunately for that event, they were introducing their lackluster Flavours line of smokes, which I didn’t take to with any enthusiasm (a review of which you can read here). With additional sticks appearing on a regular basis, it’s now hard not to walk into your local smoke shop and not have CAO catch your eye.

Recently, the CAO Italia has been ranked among the “Best of the Best” according to the
Robb Report. It ranks along with 7 other cigar brands to become heralded as the “Best” for 2005. Upon researching this cigar, I’ve found that the Habano seeds are grown in Italy, which I think is quite the unique twist. CAO Vice President, Tim Ozegner, comments on that practice as having “amazing potential and we felt strongly that blending it with the right tobaccos would yield an extraordinary cigar”.

Nothing I’ve smoked up to this point with CAO has been extraordinary, however I’ve been impressed with the Cameroon line, which I have yet to review. If anyone has any thoughts on the Italia line, I’d be eager to read them.


CAO Italia Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home