My Photo
Name:
Location: Litchfield Park, Arizona, United States

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Review: Drew Estates Acid King

Flavor of the Day

I’ve recently found myself falling into a trend of smoking and reviewing flavored cigars. Just the other day I was browsing through a local shop to find that Drew Estate has released a new Java cigar, which apparently is coffee infused. At the time, I decided to pick up the recently reviewed Rocky Patel Shade Grown Robusto (which you can read here), and bypass the Java for the time being. As I later ventured into the Cigar King of Scottsdale, I decided to give the Java a try, only to find that their shelves were bare of any new Drew Estate line. Maybe it’s a sign that I should avoid the infused cigars for a while, when out of nowhere did I find a special edition cigar blended specifically for the Cigar King called The Acid King. “Why not,” I said to myself, “One more flavored review can’t really hurt”; and it didn’t.
The Acid line comes through again in a big way. This Limited Edition torpedo measures in at a whopping 58 ring and a length of 6. The stick has a box press feel with rounded edges and tapered in both the top and bottom, making this a cigar to take notice of. Refreshing comes to mind as scents of spice and clove with a touch of sweetness rise from the opened box. I know some would say that flavored cigars are not worth writing about, however I feel as though Drew Estate really does an exceptional job. The smoke is very mellow with just a hint of flavor. Since the tobacco is infused, the aroma really comes through in the smoke and not the taste. My palette was always satisfied with not so much changes in flavor, but with a heightened sense of the same flavor throughout. Not once did this smoke burn hot, nor turn bitter. Granted you won’t receive the punch that you would with other traditional cigars, however it’s all about the mood of the day when choosing a cigar. The construction, look, feel and burn of the cigar holds true to what I’ve experienced in the past with the Acid line, quality throughout with attention to detail.
Again, I must stress that this is a “Limited Edition” stick only produced for the Cigar King shops and online here. You can find it listed on their site, and should you be a fan (or not) of Drew Estates, I’d suggest ordering this one. For those who are not into flavored cigars, clear your mind of preconceived notions of what flavor really is, and on your next order, throw in a stick or two and let me know what you think. Now if I can only get around to completing my Drew Estates reviews and muster the courage to smoke the Egg


The King of Kings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home