My Photo
Name:
Location: Litchfield Park, Arizona, United States

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Smoke is Back


What can I say about my first smoke in 6 months? It’s kinda like riding a bike - your body never forgets. The first half was a bit shaky like clipping into the pedals, fumbling around with the shifting and developing cadence, but you eventually settle into the ride. What a ride for my first smoke – the Montecristo No. 4.

My neighbor was good enough to present me with this smoke earlier in the morning, brought over from a friend in Canada. He, like I, enjoys a good smoke, and the Montecristo never disappoints. The petite corona was the perfect size at a 42 gauge and 5 1/8 in, encompassing a mere 25 minutes of pure enjoyment even though my Phoenix Suns were down by over 10 at halftime of game 6 against the Clippers.

The No. 4 is probably the most popular of the Cuban line, and I’m sure many of my readers out there have had the pleasure of enjoying this stick. It started off a bit hot and fast, however 5 minutes in it started to mellow out to a slow burn. My palette quickly registered the enjoyable earthy tones that I haven’t experienced in quite some time. With hints of cinnamon and a woodsy flavor, this was best enjoyed in my favorite, and recently neglected, smoking chair in the yard. With the sun setting into twilight, and a breeze blowing out the now 100+ degree temps, the night was just calling for a cigar.

It’s tough to cut this review short, however my Suns are on a 9-0 run, closing in on the Clippers heading into the 4th quarter. It’s time to direct my attention to the game, and I’ll be back with more posts soon.

Fumo, out…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Torget said...

Hi! Why aren't you posting any smoking reviews anymore? Aren't you smoking anymore? ;-)
Take care and best wishes from
Torget

Monday, November 07, 2011 7:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home